After nearly a year of being closed, Disney announced on Tuesday, Dec. 22 that Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park is set to reopen on March 7, 2021.
Further reopening details haven’t been revealed yet, but according to the official Walt Disney World website, “Like the other areas of Walt Disney World Resort, we will welcome back Guests and Cast Members to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park in a responsible way, with a plan focused on health and well-being. We will provide more details on our Water Parks’ reopening plan at a later time.”
In September, Disney announced that Blizzard Beach and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, the two water parks on WDW property, would remain closed through at least March 7, 2021.
At the time, Disney also noted that they hoped to reopen at least one of the water parks on that date, pending government approvals.
Regarding tickets and Annuals Passholders with water park access, here’s what you need to know.
For those with tickets that include the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park & Sports Option for dates prior to the opening of Blizzard Beach, the following continues to be offered:
- Ticket Usage: You can use your current date-based ticket with the existing add-on options at other experiences available during your visit.
- Ticket Modification: Tickets, as well as Disney Resort hotel packages with tickets, may be modified. You can call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 934-7639 or contact your travel professional for further assistance.
- Ticket Cancellation: You can also cancel your ticket or package. Phone the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 934-7639 or contact your travel professional for further assistance.
If you’re interested, you can also purchase new tickets that include the Park Hopper Plus Option or Water Park & Sports Option for admission March 7, 2021 and later. (The Park Hopper Option returns beginning Jan. 1, 2021.)
Water Parks Annual Passes and 1-Day Water Park Tickets sales will resume at a later date.
Regarding water park tickets: Disney will automatically extend unused, unexpired 1-Day Disney Water Park tickets that were active at the time the Water Parks were closed through Dec. 31, 2021.
As for water park Annual Passes: Water Parks and Water Parks After 2 Annual Passes active at the time the Water Parks were closed will be automatically extended for the period both Water Parks were closed.
Not all unused, unexpired 1-Day Disney Water Park tickets or Water Park Annuals Passes have been extended yet, but such extensions should be completed by March 7, 2021. If they wish, Annuals Passholders can also choose to cancel their passes by calling (407) 939-2732.
- Disney World Water Park Ticket Offer Available For Florida Residents
- Disney World Introducing Park-Specific Ticket Pricing, Annual Pass Prices Increasing
- 2023 Florida Resident Disney Weekday Magic Ticket Available January 10
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Opening March 23 at Hollywood Studios - January 25, 2023
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom - January 17, 2023