Planning a date night (or even a date day!) at Disney World and need somebody to watch the kids? No worries; Disney has you covered.
From activity centers to in-room babysitting, there are several different childcare options at Disney World to choose from.
Lets take a look...
Children's Activity Centers (now closed)
Some of the Disney Deluxe Resorts used to have kids clubs (Disney called them Children's Activity Centers) where your kids could go spend a few hours and play and eat.
However, all of these Activity Centers now no longer offer childcare services.
Most of the centers now provide a space for families to do crafts and play games together, however, children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Location: Dolphin hotel, first floor
- Closest park(s): Hollywood Studios and Epcot
- Cost: $12 per hour, per child. A kids meal from Picabu can be included for an additional $10.
- Hours of operation: 5:00 pm-midnight
- Activities available: Free-play, Disney movies, games and arts and crafts
- Are there any discounts? Guests dining at Shula's Steak House, Todd English's Bluezoo or Il Mulino New York Trattoria or guests receiving spa services at Mandara Spa receive up to 2 free hours at Camp Dolphin with valid receipt. Note: One child admitted free per adult entree ordered or 75 minute spa treatment.
- Are meals served? Yes, but it costs $10 extra. No outside food allowed.
- Booking information: Reservations required. Call (407) 934-4241 to check on availability.
Pixar Play Zone
- Location: Contemporary Resort
- Closest park(s): Magic Kingdom
- Cost: $65 per child (plus tax)
- Hours of operation: 6:00-10:30 PM
- Are there any discounts? No
- Are meals served? Yes, current menu includes flatbread pizza and dessert
- Booking information: Reservations required. Call (407) 824-KIDS to check on availability.
Kid's Nite Out babysitters
This service provides babysitters that function much like nannies who can be available when and where you need them. You can also hire them to be helpers if you need an extra set of adult hands for your trip.
Here are the details:
- Available 24/7
- Sitters are all 18+, insured and bonded, have hands-on training and child-care experience, including child/infant CPR and basic first aid
- Children 6 months to 12 years old can be cared for
- $18/hour for 1 child, $21/hr for 2 children, $24/hr for 3 children, and $26/hr for 4 children. After 9 p.m., an additional $2/hr fee is added. $10 transportation fee will be charged with every reservation.
- 4 hour minimum
- Activities are provided like books, games, arts and crafts
- Kid's Night Out recommends you make reservations 2 weeks to 30 days in advance by calling 1-800-696-8105, extension 0.
Get more info on the Kid's Nite Out website.
Final thoughts on your childcare options at Disney World
With so many choices you should be able to find something that will appeal to your child and be convenient for you. As you narrow down your choices, here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to choosing childcare options at Disney World:
- Children's Activity Centers are best suited for people who only need a couple of hours in the evening, potty trained kids, families with 1 child, parents who are nervous about having a sitter in their room or who want alone time in the room without the kids.
- Kid's Nite Out babysitters are best suited for families with small children who can't attend kids clubs, people who need a sitter outside of the hours offered by the kids clubs, families with multiple children (less expensive than kids clubs), people who need care for 4+ hours.
Have you ever tried using one of the childcare options at Disney World? Tell us about it in the comments below.