Here is yet another update to take note of when it comes the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios.
Disney announced that the distribution time for the second virtual queue opportunity will move from 2 p.m. to 1 p.m beginning Sunday, Dec. 20.
As for the first boarding group drop, this remains at 7 a.m. Those with a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass System reservation are currently able to access the virtual queue system via the My Disney Experience app and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation.
Yes, this means you can do the whole process from the comfort of your hotel room, home, or wherever you are. You do not need to be inside the park when trying to snag a boarding group at 7 a.m.
However, you have to be inside Hollywood Studios during the second boarding group drop at 1 p.m.
And, starting Jan. 1, 2021 (the same day the Park Hopper Option returns to Walt Disney World with many modifications), guests park hopping from another park to Hollywood Studios are not allowed to join the virtual queue.
For more information and a better understanding of how boarding groups work, be sure to check out our Rise of the Resistance virtual queue guide.
- Disneyland Testing Hybrid Standby & Virtual Queue For Rise Of The Resistance
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Pause Its Virtual Queue
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023 - September 27, 2022