Here is yet another update to take note of when it comes the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios.
Disney announced that the distribution time for the second virtual queue opportunity will move from 2 p.m. to 1 p.m beginning Sunday, Dec. 20.
As for the first boarding group drop, this remains at 7 a.m. Those with a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass System reservation are currently able to access the virtual queue system via the My Disney Experience app and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation.
Yes, this means you can do the whole process from the comfort of your hotel room, home, or wherever you are. You do not need to be inside the park when trying to snag a boarding group at 7 a.m.
However, you have to be inside Hollywood Studios during the second boarding group drop at 1 p.m.
And, starting Jan. 1, 2021 (the same day the Park Hopper Option returns to Walt Disney World with many modifications), guests park hopping from another park to Hollywood Studios are not allowed to join the virtual queue.
For more information and a better understanding of how boarding groups work, be sure to check out our Rise of the Resistance virtual queue guide.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Will Have a Virtual Queue, an Individual Lightning Lane, and a Locker System
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- New Early 2023 Disney World Resort Hotel Discount Available For Passholders
- Where to find Epcot Flower and Garden Festival topiaries (pics, map, checklist) - March 3, 2023
- 2023 Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration Scavenger Hunt - February 24, 2023
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Booths, Menus, and Reviews - February 24, 2023