We’ve been waiting a long time to announce this dining news.
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is reopening on November 4, Disney announced on October 18. Reservations open on October 24.
The character dining restaurant located in Epcot’s Norway Pavilion has remained closed since the beginning of the pandemic.
It’s been used for different reasons, including a former relaxation station after Walt Disney World reopened in July 2020 following a short closure due to the pandemic.
While most restaurants have returned to Disney World, including character dining experiences, face character dining is the last of the bunch to reopen at the most magical place on earth.
We’re still waiting to hear about characters returning to Trattoria al Forno, 1900 Park Fare, and Cinderella’s Royal Table (Cinderella only makes appearances for the time being), but it’s exciting to know that Akershus is finally reopening for guests to enjoy.
The restaurant is known for its princess storybook dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, which usually include appearances by Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Princess Aurora, and Ariel. The princesses can sometimes vary.
Guests will also be able to hug and take photos with the available Disney Princesses. We expect the princesses will also be signing autographs.
The price (plus tax and gratuity) for Akershus’ family-style dining experience is as follows:
- Breakfast: $53 per adult, $34 per child (ages 3-9)
- Lunch and dinner: $63 per adult, $41 per child (ages 3-9)
Fare will include (to name a few) Traditional KjØttkaker featuring Norwegian meatballs or the Kylling og Melboller, a Norwegian take on chicken and dumplings.
There are also more classic American-cuisine options, like Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Grilled Salmon, and Macaroni & Cheese. You can also have Rice Cream with strawberry sauce and a Chocolate Roulade with lingonberry cream for dessert.
Are you excited about the return of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall?
- Traditional Character Meet & Greets Are Returning To Disney World & Disneyland
- Harmony Barber Shop Reopening In July At Magic Kingdom
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package Announced at Disneyland
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- World of Color Dining & Dessert Packages Announced
- Best Values at Epcot Flower and Garden 2023 - March 23, 2023
- The Best Food and Drinks at Epcot Flower and Garden 2023 - March 16, 2023
- Summer 2023 Disney Visa Cardmember Offer Announced For Select Disney World Resort Hotels - March 14, 2023