Who’s ready to pet animals again? Affection Section at Rafiki’s Planet Watch is reopening on Nov. 15 in Animal Kingdom.
The news was confirmed by Dr. Mark Penning, Vice President at Disney’s Animals, Science, & Environment, in an Instagram shared on Friday, Nov. 13.
Next to a photo of Penning and another Cast Member wearing masks next to goats at Affection Section, he wrote, “I’m delighted to share Affection Section at Rafiki’s Planet Watch is coming baa..ck November 15!”
He continued, “Many of our guests love getting to know our animals, and the animals have missed visiting with the guests, too!”
Penning also made it clear that due to the ongoing pandemic, there will be “enhanced safety guidelines” implemented to ensure the health and safety of the guests, the Cast Members, and the animals.
These guidelines include limited admittance, social distancing, and asking guests to wash their hands at available hand-washing stations prior to entry and upon exiting Affection Section.
This experience is essentially an outdoor, yet intimate, petting zoo and gives guests the chance to pet and brush domesticated goats, sheep, donkeys, cows, and pigs.
There are plenty of other experiences at Rafiki’s Planet Watch for guests to enjoy as well, including the Conservation Station, where you can learn about animal habitats around the world and see the veterinary care the park’s animals receive.
Of course, there is also the Animation Experience at Conservation Station, where guests will draw some of their favorite characters with help from expert Disney animators.
- ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ Celebrations Coming To Animal Kingdom
- Two Bars & A Shop Officially Reopen At Animal Kingdom
- Festival Of The Lion King Will Officially Debut On May 15 At Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Is Phasing Out Temperature Screenings Starting In May
- Savi’s Workshop Is Reopening In September At Hollywood Studios
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021