These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Links/notes mentioned in this episode
Kevin’s contact info
6 Ways to Get Reserved Viewing for Fireworks
1.) Dessert parties
- Magic Kingdom dessert parties (3 options)
- Frozen Ever After dessert party at Epcot
- Star Wars dessert party at Hollywood Studios
- Rivers of Light dessert party at Animal Kingdom
2.) Restaurants with a view
3.) Take a boat ride
- Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- IllumiNations and Happily Ever After pontoon boat specialty cruises
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise
- Rent the Grand 1 Yacht
4.) Book a dining package
- Signature Celebration Package at Cinderella’s Royal Table (starts August 2019)
- Fantasmic Dining Package
- Rivers of Light Dining Package
- IllumiNations Dining Package
5.) Attend a special event
6.) Take a VIP Tour
- Private VIP Tour Guide
- Ultimate Night of Adventures at Animal Kingdom
- Star Wars Guided Tour
- Holiday D-Lights
Quick tip of the day
From Melissa C.:
“I recently listened to a few of your podcasts where trip reporters mentioned that they had way too much food to eat on the dining plan, although they still found it a great value for the character meals especially.
I’ve heard several people mention that they often bypass the dessert course because they don’t want to feel stuffed walking around the park.
This is my tip: instead of bypassing dessert, ask your server for a cup of fruit to go.
Early on in our last trip, a server offered this as an option to my 5 year old and we ended up doing it for at least one of us at every meal.
It especially works well if you have a stroller with a cooler bag, to keep the fruit from going bad too quickly.
This actually worked really well for us, as a family with a toddler who wasn’t getting additional snack credits.
But regardless of your family dynamics, a cup of fruit to go is often a wonderful substitute for a table service dessert in the parks.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Dessert Parties & Dining Packages Return To Disney World For The 50th
- Candlelight Processional Returns To Epcot Starting November 26
- Silver Screen Dine Returns To Hollywood & Vine In Early January 2021
- Woody’s Lunch Box & More Dining Reopening At Walt Disney World
- Package Pickup Returning To Walt Disney World Parks For Limited Time
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021