These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Links/notes mentioned in this episode
Kevin’s contact info
6 Ways to Get Reserved Viewing for Fireworks
1.) Dessert parties
- Magic Kingdom dessert parties (3 options)
- Frozen Ever After dessert party at Epcot
- Star Wars dessert party at Hollywood Studios
- Rivers of Light dessert party at Animal Kingdom
2.) Restaurants with a view
3.) Take a boat ride
- Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- IllumiNations and Happily Ever After pontoon boat specialty cruises
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise
- Rent the Grand 1 Yacht
4.) Book a dining package
- Signature Celebration Package at Cinderella’s Royal Table (starts August 2019)
- Fantasmic Dining Package
- Rivers of Light Dining Package
- IllumiNations Dining Package
5.) Attend a special event
6.) Take a VIP Tour
- Private VIP Tour Guide
- Ultimate Night of Adventures at Animal Kingdom
- Star Wars Guided Tour
- Holiday D-Lights
Quick tip of the day
From Melissa C.:
“I recently listened to a few of your podcasts where trip reporters mentioned that they had way too much food to eat on the dining plan, although they still found it a great value for the character meals especially.
I’ve heard several people mention that they often bypass the dessert course because they don’t want to feel stuffed walking around the park.
This is my tip: instead of bypassing dessert, ask your server for a cup of fruit to go.
Early on in our last trip, a server offered this as an option to my 5 year old and we ended up doing it for at least one of us at every meal.
It especially works well if you have a stroller with a cooler bag, to keep the fruit from going bad too quickly.
This actually worked really well for us, as a family with a toddler who wasn’t getting additional snack credits.
But regardless of your family dynamics, a cup of fruit to go is often a wonderful substitute for a table service dessert in the parks.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- World of Color Dining & Dessert Packages Announced
- Keys to the Kingdom & Other Disney World Tours Returning In 2022
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package Announced at Disneyland
- 2023 Disneyland Packages Now Available To Book
- Erin’s Fort Wilderness Trip (w/ accessibility considerations) – PREP 324 - September 27, 2022
- Recapping D23 Expo announcements with Allyson and Shannon – PREP 323 - September 20, 2022
- Planning Special Events at Disney World with Allison Mertzman – PREP 322 - September 13, 2022