The 2023 dates for Disney California Adventure’s Lunar New Year celebration and Food & Wine Festival have been announced.
The Lunar New Year event begins January 20 and runs through February 15. As for the Food & Wine Festival, it kicks off on March 3 and continues through April 25!
Below is everything we know so far about each festival.
Lunar New Year Celebration
Lunar New Year pays tribute to Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures with a multicultural celebration filled with auspicious wishes for the new year.
In 2023, the event will celebrate the Year of the Rabbit. Disney will also be recognizing the Vietnamese zodiac calendar during the Lunar New Year celebration, which marks 2023 as the Year of the Cat.
What to expect:
- Mickey and Minnie in festive attire
- Mulan and Mushu
- Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession, which in 2023 will be extended throughout all of the park along the parade route from Paradise Gardens through Hollywood Land
- In addition to returning marketplaces, 2 news ones join the mix: Bamboo Blessings and Wrapped with Love (the Sip and Savor pass will also be available for purchase)
- The Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration nighttime water show telling the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration returns and will be presented prior to World of Color
- Chinese calligraphy demonstrations
- The Lucky Wishes Wall, where guests can share their hopes for the future/year ahead
- Additional treats and festival items will be available at Paradise Garden Grill and Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Starting January 20, you’ll once again get to meet Raya at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival includes 12 festival marketplaces featuring a range of food and beverages. The Sip and Savor pass will be available for purchase.
What to expect:
- Even more festival-inspired dishes at select restaurants throughout Disney California Adventure and special items will also be featured in the Downtown Disney and at official Disneyland Resort hotels
- Appearances by Jammin’ Chefs and Chef Goofy
- Return of Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party show
- More entertainment on the Palisades Stage and Paradise Gardens bandstand
- Complimentary weekend culinary demonstrations
- Artists events and signings
- The limited-time return of Soarin’ Over California during the festival
- Additional bookable signature events to expand your knowledge on wine, beer, and spirits, including Carthay Circle Winemaker Receptions, Trader Sam’s Mixology Seminars, GCH Craftsman Grill mixology seminars, and a Grand Tasting event at the Disneyland Hotel
We will keep you in the loop as more information for Lunar New Year and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival become available.
- 2022 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced
- Disneyland Announces 2023 Southern California Resident Ticket Offer
- MagicBand+ Debuts October 26 at Disneyland
- 2023 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Dates Announced
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced
- Best Values at Epcot Flower and Garden 2023 - March 23, 2023
- The Best Food and Drinks at Epcot Flower and Garden 2023 - March 16, 2023
- Summer 2023 Disney Visa Cardmember Offer Announced For Select Disney World Resort Hotels - March 14, 2023