The 2023 dates for Disney California Adventure’s Lunar New Year celebration and Food & Wine Festival have been announced.
The Lunar New Year event begins January 20 and runs through February 15. As for the Food & Wine Festival, it kicks off on March 3 and continues through April 25!
Below is everything we know so far about each festival.
Lunar New Year Celebration
Lunar New Year pays tribute to Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures with a multicultural celebration filled with auspicious wishes for the new year.
In 2023, the event will celebrate the Year of the Rabbit. Disney will also be recognizing the Vietnamese zodiac calendar during the Lunar New Year celebration, which marks 2023 as the Year of the Cat.
What to expect:
- Mickey and Minnie in festive attire
- Mulan and Mushu
- Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession, which in 2023 will be extended throughout all of the park along the parade route from Paradise Gardens through Hollywood Land
- In addition to returning marketplaces, 2 news ones join the mix: Bamboo Blessings and Wrapped with Love (the Sip and Savor pass will also be available for purchase)
- The Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration nighttime water show telling the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration returns and will be presented prior to World of Color
- Chinese calligraphy demonstrations
- The Lucky Wishes Wall, where guests can share their hopes for the future/year ahead
- Additional treats and festival items will be available at Paradise Garden Grill and Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Starting January 20, you’ll once again get to meet Raya at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival includes 12 festival marketplaces featuring a range of food and beverages. The Sip and Savor pass will be available for purchase.
What to expect:
- Even more festival-inspired dishes at select restaurants throughout Disney California Adventure and special items will also be featured in the Downtown Disney and at official Disneyland Resort hotels
- Appearances by Jammin’ Chefs and Chef Goofy
- Return of Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party show
- More entertainment on the Palisades Stage and Paradise Gardens bandstand
- Complimentary weekend culinary demonstrations
- Artists events and signings
- The limited-time return of Soarin’ Over California during the festival
- Additional bookable signature events to expand your knowledge on wine, beer, and spirits, including Carthay Circle Winemaker Receptions, Trader Sam’s Mixology Seminars, GCH Craftsman Grill mixology seminars, and a Grand Tasting event at the Disneyland Hotel
We will keep you in the loop as more information for Lunar New Year and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival become available.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- We stayed in an All-Star Music Family Suite: here’s our review - September 28, 2023
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at Garden Grill review: is lunch and dinner worth it? - September 27, 2023
- Be Our Guest review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023