People often cite FastPass+ reservations as the most stressful part of planning, so today I want to discuss what you need to know that will hopefully help you feel less stressed.
I also have a quick tip that will let you visit some attractions before the parks open as a bonus to a dining reservation.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Skilled at audio production? I'm looking for a new intro and outro for the podcast. Email your idea to me at [email protected] If chosen, I'll send you a $100 Disney gift card.
General touring advice
- Show up at least 45 minutes before park opening
- Follow a touring plan until lunch time, and visit popular attractions either within the first hour or later in the day with FP+
- After lunch, do “anytime” attractions, use FP+, take breaks
General FP+ info
- Onsite guests can make all FP+ 60 days before their trip begins beginning at 7am eastern
- Offsite guests can make FP+ 30 days before each day of their trip beginning at 7am eastern
- Most FP+ give you a 1 hour window (except for shows which will be shorter)
- Show up anytime within that time frame (can usually be 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late)
- Can’t overlap FP+
- Can make 3 FP+ ahead of time for 1 park. Once those 3 are used, you can get a 4th in any park, then a 5th, etc.
On-site guests booking 60 days ahead
- Log out, log back in to make sure the site will show you the full trip dates
- Can use multiple devices at once
- Make FP+ in order of difficulty, not chronologically
- Only really need to worry about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Frozen Ever After, and the 2 new Pandora attractions (Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey)
- End of your trip will give you better odds
- After making difficult FP+ reservations, go back and add in other FP+
Everybody else (offsite guests and and onsite guests who are not booking 60 days in advance)
- Will have a hard time booking Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Frozen Ever After, and the 2 new Pandora attractions (Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey)
- Either plan on doing those at rope drop OR keep checking constantly for openings
Quick tip of the day
Many pre-park opening breakfast reservations will allow you to visit an attraction before the park opens. Check this list for where and when that often happens.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)