When renting strollers at Disney World, you will need to put a stroller sign in the pouch on the back to identify it as yours.
You can use the one given to you at the stroller rental counter or...you can make your own.
It's just 1 more way to get creative on your trip and make your stroller stand out in the sea of sameness.
I've designed some templates that can be edited in Gimp or personalized in Word.
Gimp is like Photoshop but free and can be downloaded at http://www.gimp.org/downloads/.
To personalize in Word, follow these steps.
- Click on the PNG version of the template you like below
- Right-click the image and copy it
- Open Word, create a new document and set the orientation to Landscape
- Paste the image into your blank document
- With the image selected, increase the width to 8 inches
- Put your cursor to the right of the image and hit enter
- Insert a text box and type the words you want to appear on the stroller tag
- Set the fill to "no fill" and the outline to "no outline"
- Move the text box on top of the stroller sign image where you want your text to appear
- Change the text font style and size to what you want it to be (you can manually type a font size if you need something bigger than what's shown on the font size list)
- Save and print!
I also made a video to show you how it works.
Some ideas for personalization:
- I've used several different fonts to match the the images on the signs. Download and install the font to make your sign look even more custom.
- I've used our family's last name on all of the examples below but you may want to use your child's first name, use the name of the trip ("Jones Family Vacation") or something else instead.
- If you want to show your trip dates on the sign, you could put the month in the upper left and the year in the upper right.
Two tips if you do make your own stroller sign:
- Laminating the sign will help it last longer.
- Make sure you take your sign with you every time you return your stroller so you'll have it for the next day.
Now for the stroller signs...