Today is the official 2 year anniversary of this website. I can’t believe it. It was a goal of mine for so long (listen to to the last podcast episode for more on that) and I can barely even remember life before this site existed.
Today, I’ve got a look at the last year and some thoughts on what’s coming next.
Let’s dive in…
Last year on the 1 year anniversary of the site, I was celebrating the fact that the website had just passed a million page views in a year. Nowadays, this website gets more than a million page views every 2 months (!!!!!!).
Here’s what the growth pattern has looked like over the past 2 years.
The most popular posts from the last year
5. A toddler-centered Disney World trip plan
Recently updated to reflect changes at Disney World, this all-inclusive trip plan includes tips on where to stay, how to tour and suggestions for places to eat.
4. A peek inside my Disney World binder with 100+ free downloads
Ahhh, the binder post that brings in my fellow organization-crazed people. This post could use an update with new links (adding that to my To Do List right now) but continues to be popular.
3. The Ultimate Disney World packing list
I’ve used a version of this packing list for the last 10 years and I just recently updated it to include new things like MagicBands and an external battery charger.
2. About the Disney Dining Plan and how to get it for free
By far the most popular topic for people to search on Google and email me about, this post has an overview of Free Dining. I think my newer post about maximizing Disney Dining Plan credits is an even better resource now.
1. The pros and cons of all Disney World resorts
And the most popular post on the whole site by far is this post which I’ve continued to add information to (such as bed size and links to the views from every room).
Lots of new things in the last year
One of the reasons the growth has really accelerated is that I quit my full-time corporate job and immediately launched into creating some new things.
Here’s a timeline:
- June 2013 – quit corporate job
- July 2013 – wrote and launched the eBook
- August 2013 – launched the podcast
- September 2013 – created the monthly dashboards
- October 2013 – February 2014 – worked with my friend Casey to launch DLRPrepSchool.com for Disneyland planning info
- March 2014 – now – been working on launching something new that will be my biggest, most ambitious project yet
What’s coming for the next year
I’m currently planning on 2 big projects for the next year:
- The project I mentioned above which is big and ambitious and I’m super excited and anxious about it. I’m hoping to launch it this summer.
- DCLPrepSchool.com – a site to help people plan Disney cruises
How you can help support WDWPrepSchool.com
I’m so, so fortunate to have the nicest, most generous readers ever and many ask me repeatedly how to show their support. Some have gone so far as to click on all the ads and purchase multiple copies of the eBook.
Unfortunately, clicking all of the ads could actually get me into some trouble so here are some ways that will help.
- Make sure you’re following me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Sign up for the email list
- Get the eBook
- Contribute to my Dole Whip fund through PayPal
- Book a trip with Cheryl
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate you all so much and could never have anticipated what an amazing, crazy ride this would be. I’m SO excited about this next year and can’t wait to show you all what I’ve been working on.
Do you have ideas or thoughts for me? I’d love to hear them in the comments.
|If you enjoyed this article, be sure to get email updates (it's free).|